Crowdrise is an online fundraising platform that makes it easy and fun to raise money for your favorite cause – Tipping Point! You can create an account and launch your personal fundraising page in just a few simple steps.
Step 1: Go to the Tipping Point Crowdrise Page and select:
- Go to the Tipping Point Crowdrise Page and select:
- Select Team Tipping Point 2017 from the dropdown:
Step 2: Customize your campaign
- Go to “Edit Fundraiser” and add your personal details + set your fundraising goal to $1,000. Note that even if you are running with a team, the goal is still $1,000 per person.
- Need more details about Tipping Point to populate your page? CLICK HERE for our language and logos.
Step 3: Start fundraising!
A COUPLE OF TIPS:
- Personalize your page. Get people excited about your effort with photos and videos of training and tell what inspires you to run.
- Set a clear fundraising goal and deadline to create a sense of urgency and spur your friends to act.
- Be direct. A personal email is the most effective way to solicit donations and social media (#teamtippingpoint) is great for keeping followers informed and interested in your progress.
- Leverage your own contribution. Your $50 registration fee counts as a donation towards your goal. Invite your friends to “join you” in making theirs.
- Make your efforts tangible by identifying the potential impact:
- $5 can supply diapers for a baby from a low-income family.
- $10 can provide school supplies for low-income school-age youth.
- $25 can offer a homeless adult the support they need to build a resume and begin their path toward self-sufficiency.
- $50 can provide eyeglasses to preschool children in need.
- $100 can give homeless families a community dinner to alleviate hunger, isolation and family stress.
- $250 can help recruit and train a “citizen teacher” to lead a hands-on apprenticeship for low-income middle-schoolers.
- $500 can provide outreach and educational materials for a two-year campaign to help end child abuse.
- Always thank your supporters. Send a message each time you receive a donation. You may also consider sending a mass message when you reach your goal and complete the race.
Don’t forget to keep in touch and celebrate your progress with the whole team! Share your stories, photos and videos in the Facebook group.
About Tipping Point Community (34 words) Tipping Point Community screens non-profits rigorously to find, fund and partner with the most promising organizations helping Bay Area individuals and families break the cycle of poverty and achieve economic self-sufficiency.
About Tipping Point Community (129 words) Since 2005, Tipping Point Community has raised more than $150 million to educate, employ, house and support Bay Area individuals and families in need. Tipping Point screens non-profits rigorously to find, fund and partner with the most promising organizations helping Bay Area individuals and families break the cycle of poverty and achieve economic self-sufficiency. Tipping Point's board underwrites all operating and fundraising expenses so that 100% of every dollar donated goes directly to the fight against poverty. Beyond dollars, Tipping Point provides its grantees with the communications, technical and management assistance they need to grow and increase their impact. Tipping Point grants are unrestricted, allowing their grantees to invest in the strategy, operations and staffing required to serve their clients most effectively.
About Team Tipping Point Team Tipping Point is a group of runners – some new, some seasoned – who get together to sweat, train, and fight poverty in the Bay Area. With 1.3 million people too poor to meet their basic needs right here in our community, Team Tipping Point goes the extra mile to make sure no one finishes last.